Thursday, November 15, 2007

RFC as BBS..................................................

I'm monitering the most recent wave of doom regarding Tribe.net--a freakshow of Burning Man participants and pundits....which also hosts my discussion board-not that many peeps ever discuss anything I post on http://tribes.tribe.net/racersforcoffee . The photo-friendly situation there has made for willingness to post lil postcards from our sports' history and topical stuff; cuz I wanna WRITE....not code....(besides, my brain is max'd out just differentiating shots by Eddie Meeks from those of Fabian "EKF" Arroyo). Posts are "photo" or "topic"--and you know whatch'y'gonna get! Google is reputed to be sucking Tribe into their huge pan-social network....something I am totally apathetic about. Tribe is used by those of us who have something they want to talk about....besides their profile pics....(I abhor mymurdoch).

IF Tribe goes away, this blog will likely increase in activity from a glorified extention of my old Full Throttle News columns. I remain determined to keep this a vehicle for the pictures I can help create in the mind's eye of the reader...power of the printed word. The glut and wholesale substitution of photo images for written content is not flat very exciting. Anytime someone posts an interesting sounding topic....I click..and end up invited to "youboob/watch"...it leaves me cold.

The posts by EKF to promote the Brotherhood's working relationships in promoting the mission of the BSR through Speed channel and small auto biz sponsorship are rampant. The Arizona road trip is this weekend for the taping of Pinks. Grabbing a few more associate sponsorships--which translate into potential all-time exposures per dollar-----is a high priority. Hope some small companies figure out they'll never have this opportunity in motorsports marketing again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home