Thursday, October 18, 2007

Barefoot Perididdle..............Tribe.net continues to be down for an extensive thrash; Instead of my usual hour on that social network for freaks, I'll make overdue time to throw some spiel: I continue to luddite myself through life with decade-old Compaq, Gateway and other frankenstein'd tower stacks. The only exception is my recent Verizon doohickey with three bajillionpixies of expression. Consequently, my short stack of nostalgia photos will join cameraphone shots(!) on http://www.flickr.com/people/15337822@N02/ I also opened a community webshots stills-site, inspired by EthelKilledFred's work there for the BSR. Gives any downtime this winter an outlet--not that I'm expecting much of THAT, enroute this AM to get my SEIU card.....

EKF is chasing down any possible remaining written code of conduct the Brotherhood of Street Racers might possess. Why I brought it up to him in the first place is beyond me; the recent death of Slick Rick---Mr. Motorcycle Show and Go of the BSR--was disconcerting and seemed preventable....at the time. Further retrospect tells me a power greater than....blahblahblah...well, that knows more about it than me..was orchestrating at that moment. Telling anyone anything about the Brotherhood is passing along oral history at this point. While I'm doing that, I'll toss in Safety Safari tales of Wally Parks. Now that the Abner Doubleday of Drag Racing is not available to gently lead, my generation (oh, gawd!) has some responsibility for getting this right. Wally and Big Willie had essentially the same goals-and both were colors-wearing Brotherhood members......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home