Thursday, September 08, 2005

Horsepower Heaven Larry has deemed the GGUYS Seattle Labor Day event one of the best meets ever held at the Kent venue dating back to '72. While my assessment is colored by the palatable insular feeling I get every time I drive through the gate, me thinks the magic is somewhat diminished by fewer legends outside the NW showing up, fewer legends from a decade ago involved in "nostalgia" racing and what I feel confident will come to pass: a new generation firmly involved in research and reenactment at these meets; whose accomplishments are not yet celebrated prominantly. Still, Gene Adams! Mousie! Not enough time within the few hours I allowed myself Sat. to firmly appreciate everyone. Great to see Woods. Figure I owe some public appreciation...say a letter via Heath. But the magic...yes, I 'felt' something far more mellow than I expected. The track was pretty durn good for Kent. The AIR was the star.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home