Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Bless your hearts...........

I will periodically spend time lurking on some nostalgia-focused and grass-roots based boards. The emergence in recent weeks of more resources within which to read n' write(..in several cities on the left coast..) promises more activity. This blog, as much of my life does, appears to be fairly hit and run. So be it. I may have a roof over my head, but my heart and perspective is close to the streets and backwoods of my roots. I'm perpetually in search of community...a central domicile to stay proximate to same...and a site to keep my racing interests balanced with my social and human services vocation and Purple Goat Farmer(entertaining brushing clients).
This search for community, not to appear whining, is predicated on tolerance and reasonable sobriety levels within my family of choice. Drag racing is party-hearty in gereral. I never have grasped the connection...thought mechanical trade and creativity would prosper more without booze and blow. Coke heads have no sense of humor. Consequently, I stay away from a LOT of the scene; hang with a handful of aquaintances at the track and let people burn out AND fade away. Makes me too sad to stay on this topic..........WHEN I do return to brackets, this will be a strong determining factor how, when and where I play.......

Thanks to Mousie Marcellus for allowing me to pay back for all he's done for the SPORT (as distiguished from beancounting that Glendora would rather we focus on..). Selling shirts and donkeying for the mouse man was quite an amazing experience. I share a brief dialogue: Mousie: "Hey, Mikey!"
Boyd: "Yeah, Pops?"
Mousie: "Did you know you grab the side of the car at half track?"
Boyd: "..mmm..To get ready to pull the chute.."

Now...do a little theosophical research........

Just heard from the other side of Puget Sound...staying out of racer politics as much as possible; It looks like I might be attending the Woodburn season feature creature finale come Sept. 17.
Plans in Seattle on Sun. keep it from being a full on focus. That darn balanced life again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home